Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lentil Soup à la Hatice


Yes, it's another soup recipe. I don't know how you feel about it, but in Winter I'm really into soups and eat some rich soup almost every day. Soups keep you warm and are the perfect Winter dish. 

This is a Turkish lentil soup, I followed recipe I gor from my friend Hatice and it's not only one of the best, but also the fastest lentil soup recipes I know. 


Serves 3-4
Prep & cook time: 45 minutes
  • 0,75 liter vegetable stock
  • 1/2 cup dried red lentils 
  • 1 celery rib
  • 1 hand full of celery leaves
  • 1 yellow carrot
  • 1 tsp fresh chopped ginger
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/2 tsp ground curcuma
Grate carrot, chop onion, cut celery rib & potatoes into small pieces. Fry the vegetables with the ginger in a large pan until they start to brown. Add vegetable stock, lentils, potatoes, cumin, coriander and curcuma and cook for 20 minutes.

Enjoy your meal!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Miss Multicultinaria, thank you so much for visiting my blog, I love soupw and especially lentils, I am certainly going to try them!

    ReplyDelete