Thursday, November 24, 2011

Soba & Spinach Soup


This soup is really fast and easy to cook, but it's also very delicious. I especially love the savoury and salty taste of the buckwheat soba and it harmonises perfectly with the sweet carrots and the earthy spinach.

By the way, I really love spinach. It's my favourite veget ... wait ... I already said that about carrots. But really, I love both of them and can't decide which one I like better. So, my favorite vegetables are carrot and spinach. And avocados. And egglpant. And ... some more ;)



For 4 Servings: 

  • 750 ml vegetable stock
  • 200 g spinach leaves (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 3 bunches buckwheat soba noodles (you can buy these in any Japanese supermarket)
In a small pot heat water and add a pinch of salt. When it's boiling, add the soba and cook until al dente (about 2-3 minutes).

In another pot, heat the vegetable stock. When it's boiling, add the spinach and the carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes. 

Put the soba on soup plates and add the soup. 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment